Lisa J. Edwards, CPDT-KA, CDBC, is the best-selling author of A Dog Named Boo: The Underdog with a Heart of Gold, and Please Don’t Bite the Baby (and please don’t Chase the dogs) keeping our kids and our dogs safe and happy together.
“The best Dog/Human relationship comes through a balance of boundaries, requested behaviors, and freedoms.”Lisa’s dog training philosophy
- Lisa has been a professional dog trainer since 2000
- Lisa is a Nationally Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CCPDT)
- A Certified Dog Behavior Consultant (IAABC)
- A Pet Partners Certified Evaluator and Certified Instructor
- An American Kennel Club Canine Good Citizen Evaluator
- Lisa and three of her dogs have been registered Animal Assisted Therapy teams through Pet Partners.
- Her dog Boo was a finalist for the Delta Society Beyond Limits Award
- Featured on CBS news and on the Marie show
- He is, of course, the Boo who inspired Lisa’s bestselling book, A Dog Named Boo, The Underdog with a Heart of Gold.
Both the CPDT-KA and the CDBE are certifications earned through extensive field experience, testing and/or peer review, and require references from colleagues, clients and other animal professionals.
In order to maintain these credentials, Lisa must complete annual continuing education through workshops, conferences, and lectures. This separates these certifications from many others that require no on-going education. Because of this, Lisa offers you the most up-to-date, evidenced based training knowledge, and both the ASPCA and the AVSAB suggest trainers have certifications like these.
As a Certified Dog Behavior Consultant, Lisa is able to use her knowledge and understanding of the roots of behavioral problems and incorporate that as preventative exercises in her classes in an effort to keep behavioral problems from developing.