Three Dogs Training offers a wide variety of dog training classes in the Hudson Valley and all are based on our ethical and humane, dog-friendly positive reinforcement methods.
Our use of positive reinforcement methods is not only the humane way to train dogs – decades of behavioral science have shown that positive reinforcement yields both better results and longer retention than other styles of training.
- For the puppy in your house we have our Puppy Pre-School for Building Manners, Behaviors, and Ongoing Relationships class, which will get them off on the right foot and get them to love learning.
- For older dogs (or pups that graduated our puppy class) we have our Basic Manners, Behaviors, and Relationships Class, which will provide them with a strong set of bedrock skills to build upon.
- For those seeing to continue their training beyond basic skills we have our Intermediate Manners, Behaviors, and Relationships Class, which builds on the basic skillset by expanding existing skills and adding those that are more complex.
- For dogs ready to move into advanced skillsets we have our Advanced Manners, Behaviors, and Relationships Class, which provides a great bookend to your dog’s ability to handle complex commands and prepares them for more specialized work.
- For those that want to pursue the exciting and rewarding field of animal-assisted therapy, we have our Animal-Assisted Therapy, Education and Activities Class(AATEA) which prepares teams for either solo work or preparation for the challenging Pet Partners (formerly Delta) evaluation.The companion to the AATEA class is the Pet Partner 1-day Workshop just for Humans. Pet Partners strongly encourages teams to attend this workshop to prepare themselves for the visiting they and their dogs will do. It is a tremendous source of information on visiting in general, what will be required of your dog and how to support your dog. For folks who cannot attend a local workshop Pet Partners offers an online course as well.
- For dogs that just want to have fun and play games, or dogs who need to keep their distraction work proofed for visiting or service work we have our popular Distract-A-Doggie/Rally-O Class which is filled with activities that allow them to hone their skillset without even knowing it! Great fun is had by all while learning and working.
- Nose Work I and Nose Work II have rapidly become two of the most popular classes for teams. This class allows your dog to have the greatest time of their life while doing the thing that comes most naturally to your dog – sniffing for fun. Learning to put that sniffer to work is a great game and a game that once you complete Nose Work II you can take on the road and do anywhere, anytime.
- Tricks, Puzzles and Clicks is a class to increase the enrichment and activities your dog has in their list of things to do each day. Too many dogs are bored and need to work on puzzles or learn new tricks. When you think about it survival for a dog is dependent on their ability to learn new puzzles and tricks. We can make their life happier and keep them busy by teaching them wonderful new tricks and puzzles. And, who knows maybe someday you and put your dog’s new talents up on YouTube…