Last week I spent my time in Memphis, TN for the 2018 APDT educational conference. Our conversations and workshops included:
- Aggressive dogs – safety to effective treatment
- Enrichment of all dogs – puppies, puzzles, cognitive games, word discrimination (can your dog be Chaser?), and imitating humans (always something new)
- Even IT security – who knew?
- Shelter dog training – stress, testing, music to calm, games, and my favorite, ‘…it’s not about a walk, it’s about enrichment and training…’
- ‘Where does your dog sleep?’ study – Answer – with their humans – maybe not in the bed, but the same room offers the most stable non destructive and lower stressed dog – I knew that 😉
- And much more I didn’t see
With all that information spinning in our heads – we had to get out and have a little fun eating ribs and listening to the blues.