Our Basic Manners, Behaviors, and Relationships class sets dogs of all ages out on the path of not only developing a solid set of aptitude and personal skills but also builds a love of learning based on positive reinforcement training methods.
Taught by Lisa Edwards, CDPT-KA, CDBC, students are presented with both a fun and stimulating environment that helps them learn the basic skills to not only be better dogs but also better members of your family.
Basic Class Guidelines:
- Each class is six weeks long, meeting on a weekly basis at the same time and location. The first week is just for humans and then dogs attend all the rest of the classes with their handlers.
- Each weekly class is an hour long.
- The class is intended for dogs from eight weeks and up. We have had dogs as old as seven years in the class — it’s never too late to start. Proof of vaccination is required prior to the beginning of the first class with dogs.
- Because class size is limited, once you have enrolled and a spot has been reserved for you we cannot offer refunds.
- However, if you miss one of the dates in a series, it can be made up in a subsequent class.
Basic Class Outline:
Humans will work on:
- Teaching dogs behaviors and manners.
- Communicating with their dog.
- Reading their dog’s body language to help avoid problems and issues.
- Appropriate handling.
- Developing attention skills.
Doggies will work on:
- Loose-lead Walking
- Drop It
- Leave It
- Go Say Hello
The tuition for our Basic class is $200.