Puppy Pre-School for Building Manners, Behaviors, and Ongoing Relationships
Our Puppy Pre-School for Building Manners, Behaviors, and Ongoing Relationships class provides young puppies with the building blocks on which to develop not only good attention and listening skills but also gives them important dog and human socialization at a key formative stage in their development.
Taught by Lisa Edwards, CDPT-KA, CDBC, the puppies are presented with both a fun and stimulating environment built on solid positive reinforcement training methods that will not only help them to become better members of your family but will also teach them to love to learn – which is a lesson that lasts a lifetime.
Puppy Class Guidelines:
- Each class runs in a six week cycle at the same time and location each week. Owners need to notify instructor two days ahead of time if they will be attending. Classes will run when there are two or more puppies.
- Each weekly class is 50 minutes long.
- The class is intended for puppies 20 weeks and UNDER. Although many of these pups will not have complete vaccinations their humans need to bring a copy of current to class. Puppies who are sick should NOT attend pre-school.
- This is a come-when-you-can class. We understand that not everyone can make it to all six weeks but puppy will still benefit from controlled and guided social experiences at an early age.
- Since this is a drop-in class the fee per week is $20. If you know you will be attending all six and wish to pay in advance the fee is still $110.
We will work on a few basic skills to teach your puppy while we allow puppies to socialize.
They will play with each other and with the other humans present. We will teach puppy appropriate play and interactions while we teach you how to guide your pup much like an adult dog would help a younger member of their pack learn good social skills. It is just as important that your puppy learn good doggie social skills as it is that you learn what is appropriate and what is not and how to best interrupt behaviors that may lead to being a bully dog later in life or being bullied later in life.